Saturday 14 November 2009

Christmas Decorations

These are the first Christmas decorations I have made this year. I thought I would start with some felt ones, I had a look on Folksy to see what other people were doing, (I have no intention of selling these) there are some lovely things being made, I especially like some of the ceramic decoration I have seen.

We should be in our new house by Christmas so it would be lovely to fill it with homemade decorations. I have a lovely advent calendar wall hanging I made last year, and my husband said he would make some paper chains, I thought we could use magazines for these.

I really want to have a recycled Christmas, I dont think we will need to buy and wrapping paper or gift tags, I saved loads of paper from last Christmas and used last years cards for tags. I am going to look out in charity shops for some nice baubles (I am hoping for a big tree this year, I normally use my 3 foot tall artificial tree, it wont be big enough for the new house). Unfortunately with buying the house we haven't had enough money to buy presents that are as ethical as I would have liked, one year it will all come together and I will have my idea of the perfect 'green' Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment