Saturday 6 June 2009

Denim Bag

I have made a denim bag out of some old clothes. I had the bottoms of a pair of jeans, the pocket from some pyjamas, a piece of ribbon, a scrap of fabric, a handful of buttons, and a shirt.


Here are some picture of the finished bag, each side is different. One side has a pocket that I have decorated with some red buttons. The other side has a piece of polka dot fabric and some pretty ribbon.




The bag is lined with stripy pink fabric from a shirt, the popper fastening from the shirt front has been used as the fastening for the bag. The strap is also made from the shirt, there are popper fastenings on each end so it can be attached/removed from the bag as wanted.


I made this brooch to compliement the bag, using two different coloured blue yarns to give the knitting a denim feel.


I made the strap far too long which left me with plenty to make a fabric bracelet like those in this months Sew Hip magainze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment