Friday 3 July 2009

Friday Off Work

I decided to take the day off today so I could watch Wimbledon. It was my day off on Wednesday for the men's quarter finals, it was so nice to be able to watch it all afternoon that I decided I didn't want to miss the men's semi finals. I am hoping for a Roger Federer v Andy Murray final and would really like to see some good tennis this afternoon. 

I wanted to make good use of my time off before the tennis so I spent the morning making myself a nice light summer skirt, I used some of my favourite 1970s quilt cover fabric.

I have made a few skirts to this pattern now as it fits well. I originally designed this skirt pattern based on a skirt I already had. I have another pattern, one from the 1960s, that I have adapted to fit me, but haven't used it yet. I might try it at the weekend as I could do with another summer skirt.

On Wednesday I found some wonderful yarn in a charity shop. 20 balls of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk in pink and 15 balls of Rowan Silken Tweed in purple. They are both gorgeous.

I usually use cheap acrylic yarn to make myself jumpers and tops as I can't afford really nice quality yarn, I was so pleased to find these yarns in a charity shop and at a price I could afford. I am really excited about knitting with them, the only time I have used Debbie Bliss yarn before was to make a baby jumper, the yarn was so lovely to knit with.

The lady in the charity shop said she had another six bin bags of yarn to sort through, I will be going back each week checking for more! I have found a pattern for the Rowan yarn in my Vintage Style Rowan pattern book, it is a 1950s style jumper with a collar. I would like to make a cardigan with the Debbie Bliss yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment