Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Vintage Bears

I attempted to make a small bear out of vintage fabric yesterday. It did not go well. The fabric wasn't really the right kind for the job and my bear was just too small. The template was not very good which didnt help, the limbs were too short and it looked very silly when I had sewn it up. It was too bad to photograph.

I plan to make a larger bear out of vintage fabric, about 25cm high and smaller bears about 8cm high from felt with vintage fabric detailing.

This is my second attempt. I drew round an actual teddy bear to get this shape. Not too bad, the head and the body are not as rounded as I would like them to be. I have worked on another pattern to try out ...

I have now finished off the bear and it looks much better with a face and a bow. I am quite pleased with it now.

I have also made a bear with the more rounded pattern.  It has worked well and looks cute.

I now need to work on my small felt bears, I will be able to use up some of my fabric scraps and the large amount of blue felt I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment